Unsolved Mysteries of World War II: Review

 Review:

I cannot stress enough how great of a novel this is for anyone that is a history junkie such as myself. This post gets a special dedication to my wife who is the one who bought the book for me as a Christmas gift. She did such a good job when she picked this book out, as it was not one that I had asked for. That being said, I picked this book up and put it down about four hours later fully in love with it.

What Makes This Book Great:

    First off, we have the composition of the book itself. What I mean by this is the line spacing, words per page (WPP), and the diction used by the author Michael Fitzgerald. The book is double spaced for line spacing and Fitzgerald used a easy to read font that made the book have a naturally fast pace to it, something that I am personally a fan of especially when it comes to history books. The WPP ties into the line spacing as the pages aren't crowded or intimidating as other history books tend to be. Next up is the diction. Now there were a lot of words that were in German, French, and even some Spanish. But this did not impact the book in any way at all. These languages were mostly used to when artifacts were being named. Outside of that the author uses common words that increase the pace of the novel, but also fit the line spacing that Fitzgerald chose. Normally when I see books that are double paced, I find that the diction used does not fit how the page is constructed, ultimately throwing off the rhythm and pace of the book. That is not the case here, and I think that it served into how much I loved this book.

    Secondly, we have the history. I did have to do a lot of research while I was reading this book to fact check some of the topics discussed throughout. While conducting my research, I found that author had not slacked at all when he did his research to write the book. Almost everything he wrote was accurate or given in an accurate account and left open for interpretation. And that is another topic that I will get to in just a second. The history is also very interesting as it doesn't cover all the common topics that are talked about on T.V.. There were a lot of topics discussed that I did not know about, which I loved. Because why else would you read a history novel? 

    Lastly, I loved that when conspiracy theories were discussed, Fitzgerald does not lead you as the reader into conforming to his beliefs. Instead, he writes on one side of the theory, presents all other sides, and lets you make the decision for yourself. This is what lead to me diving head over heels into research while reading the novel. I and I assume most of the other readers in the world enjoy being able to come up with their own opinions based on the facts that are presented. 

Conclusion:

As you can tell, I loved this book and will most likely be re-reading this again in the future as a bridge book. Hopefully, you can pick up a copy and read it for yourself. I can't wait for people to post their feedback on this book as I don't think that people can hate this book. Have a great day and hopefully everyone enjoyed their holiday season!

Comments

Popular Posts